Steal a Silver Stallion

Weekend Two. The bike dorkdom knows no limits. I know it's a faux-paux to rock the World Champion stripes, but I wanted to try out this electrical-tape hack. If other LeMond frames could have the rainbow then the Sarthe can, too:

I'm also trying out Fizik's Microtex tape for the first time. The Sarthe's softer ride makes the go-to spongier and bulkier Cinelli cork tape unnecessary. I like the Microtex stuff. Feels grippier. The holes in the tape also give it a sportier look.

Heh. I think the speed limit on Mount Diablo is 20 mph.

I'm still using the old no-nonsense Cateye Astrale 8 computer. The extra wiring for speed and cadence can make for some ugliness, but the nice thing about the classic LeMond logo is that its black stripes hide the downtube zipties pretty nicely.

Anyhow. This post needs some music. Cat Power's version of "Silver Stallion" has been my favorite song lately. The original lyrics:

I'm gonna steal a silver stallion
with not a mark upon his silky hide
Teach him he can trust me like a brother
one day we'll saddle up and ride

And we're gonna ride, we're gonna ride
Ride like the one eyed jack of diamonds
with the devil close behind
We're gonna ride

I'm gonna find me a reckless woman
razor blades and dice in her eyes
Just a touch of sadness in her fingers
thunder and lightening in her thighs

And we're gonna ride, we're gonna ride
Ride like the one eyed jack of diamonds
with the devil close behind
We're gonna ride

I'm gonna chase the sky forever
with the woman and the stallion and the wind
The sun is gonna burn into a cinder
before we ever pass this way again

And we're gonna ride, we're gonna ride
Ride like the one eyed jack of diamonds
with the devil close behind
We're gonna ride

Comments

morningstar said…
cat power just played at fourth & b. too bad i missed it!
morningstar said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.