Game of Footdown

I've been all about wingtip shoes for a stretch. It's a sign of getting older, I suppose, like building a townie bike. I found these Venturini wingtips last week and, well, I'd like to have them in my collection forever.

An old pair of cordovan wingtips from Deer Stags. These aren't resoleable, but I'd pick up another pair once they're thoroughly worn. I love the color of these, but the black ones are kinda ehhh. (Yes, this pic is the real reason I'm making this blog entry.)

Aww! Lisa's new Cutest Things Ever!

...

News from the shop: I'm discontinuing the canvas prints for the time being. Instead, the prints will be on highest-quality photo stock. I'm loving this medium nowadays. ... I am also tentatively planning a release of new items probably in late October, including larger poster-size prints and originals. More details as the date approaches.

...

Started reading Paul Auster's Hand to Mouth, which I've been meaning to read for a long while. I inherited it from a parting friend at work. Previously, I'd pick it up and think "Awesome, but just not in the mood just yet." And now? I must say I'm rather liking its plain-spokeness and strange combination of wistful-yet-funny tone. I'd read a critic's comparison to Bukowski and Fante, and I think that's just about right. Talk about mood, the opening:

In my late twenties and early thirties, I went through a period of several years when everything I touched turned to failure. My marriage ended in divorce, my work as a writer foundered, and I was overwhelmed by money problems. I’m not just talking about an occasional shortfall or some periodic belt tightenings — but a constant, grinding, almost suffocating lack of money that poisoned my soul and kept me in a state of never-ending panic.


Story of my life.... So, anyhow. Yeah. Harry Potter. Now I know.

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, J.K. Rowling
Total Chaos: The Art and Aesthetics of Hip-Hop, Jeff Chang
Positively False, Floyd Landis
From Lance to Landis, David Walsh
Ten Points, Bill Strickland

Comments