Nu-Old Stock No. 1

Cross-post from mixcrate.com. I had been meaning to post these on here -- in case anyone wondered what happened to my music [play sound of crickets]. This stuff is a year old, but representative of the sounds I'm after at the moment.

I'm finding that the only time I ever get to work on music is during extended vacations with extensive in-travel time. So that means I do have more tracks recorded from my last train trip to SD in the spring. And I'll likely have more time to edit that material next time we go to NY later this summer.

But first, the old stuff:



Jam the Bot by djStoic

Summer-time, bubble-gum track. This is the first in a group of short tracks recorded while on a three-day train trip from New York.

This started as an experiment on how to do that transformer/gate effect on a synth (think Timbaland and Kanye). Threw a beat on it, then started noodling around with a keyboard.

Recorded in Reason 2.5. Parts were played on a Korg NanoKey -- which, ironically, I've come to prefer for this kind of thing.

Comments