Above the Clouds


Above the crowds above the clouds
where the sounds are original
infinite skills create miracles
warrior spiritual
Above the clouds raining down
Holdin it down.

--Guru
for Edwin

. . .

What to do on a holiday weekend while under the weather? Update this painting from a few months ago...

The arrows from the earlier sketch were fairly simple. Thought I'd balance it out with a more detailed fill-in.

After the transfer: The first color is a butter yellow. I'm having to spend a lot of time layering coats to get consistent coverage. This is a funny video about proper base coats and graffiti.

Second color is a periwinkle blue. I thought it'd have more contrast with the background blues, but oh, well.

Third color is a light purple. I started using a true yellow as an accent. I started the 3D lines a little early, but they helped define the image as I worked on other parts.

Resting point. The main outline is a dark brown. I started to fill in the 3D sections and left some parts blank to expose what I thought were neat paint effects from the background painting. The fill in also alternates from the brown outline and a deep purple.

To-do: Finish 3D fill in, add highlights, touch-up, touch-up, touch-up.

Comments