Welcome to the Terra-Dome

First attempt at a terrarium:

I'll probably do this one over again now that I have a better sense of what's involved. 1) The moss is way too long and bushy, and 2) I exposed too much soil along the glass sides (not pictured).

I used three kinds of moss -- Scottish, Irish, and something packaged as "Frog Moss" I found at a pet store. The mini "trees" are Myoporum, typically used as a groundcover. Not sure how they'll do w/ the moss as their sun and water needs are different. They're supposed to flower in spring and summer (with the right conditions).

The small terrarium in the last pic is from madebymavis at Etsy, a gift from Lisa.

Comments

Brenda said…
I think it looks great! Look forward to seeing the next one. :)
mm.salami.da? said…
Thanks, Brenda! This one grew like crazy and it's already a jungle. I'm gonna start this one over again and try to grow from scratch.