The New Running

Update on the Spanish Lavender:

Good news is that there are a number of new blooms.

Bad news is that the branches are exposed. I suppose I could hide them with some tall ground cover or smaller bushes. I'll see how it does during the season. The plants seem to have grown unchecked for a while and the bushes are all wooded-out in the center and sides. I pruned out the old flowers and got rid of a lot of dry branches.

I apparently really enjoyed pruning. The bushes are in a side garden section that is separated from the lawn. This area, too, badly needs to be renovated. Even with garden fabric and mulch, the area has a good amount of weeds. [Aside: Yesterday was the only rain-free day the last two weeks; possibly going on three weeks looking at the extended forecast. Maybe that's why I was smiling so big.]

A new Azalea (Alaska) for the shady front yard. Didn't realize these need acidic soil. This will live in a pot for the time being.

Comments