Less Tinkering, More Riding!

I think I have the LeMond pretty much dialed in. Rode 50 miles with the Oakland Yellowjackets on Saturday and didn't feel any nagging fit issues. I could try some wider handlebars, maybe position my left cleat back some ... okay, enough!

The loop was Concord, Clayton, Morgan Territory, San Ramon, Danville, Alamo, Walnut Creek -- an ellipses around Mount Diablo. I'd never been through Morgan Territory and my pics don't do it any justice one bit.

So I like these:

- This is how pretty it can be.

- This is how deceptively high the summit is, looking down at the Altamont Pass windmills.

- This is the best descent I've ever experienced. Nicknamed "The Plunge", from 2,000 feet up you can see the road ahead twisting back and forth downward to the valley floor, with the sprawl of Livermore and the Sunol Wilderness as a backdrop.

Pretending I'm not wheelsucking on Marsh Creek Road.
Dodging potholes on Morgan Territory's northern grade.
Morgan Territory summit before The Plunge, wondering, "Do I stop and take better pics?... Nah, I'm sure I can link something on the Interwebs."
Chasing Fred in the valley.

Comments