Maverick Supersonic

So anyhow. I try to keep these entries short just so I can get them posted. But they wind up longer than anticipated, meaning they take longer to prepare, meaning I end up not having enough time to do it.

But, today calls for a post - however long it might become. I contributed a special edition 13"x19" Perhaps poster to yesterday evening's Galleon Trade Ship Launch, a silent auction to support the Galleon Trade's three-country (PI, US, Mexico) arts exchange program. Being without a date I didn't stay long, but when I left, my print had a couple bids, the last one a $50 jump from the previous bid ($20 being the minimum increment), so I was sufficiently flattered. My faves from the auction were by Megan Wilson, Jennifer Wofford and Michael Hall


...

With summer is in full swing I'm more likely to be out enjoying the nicer weather than indoors doing art stuff. And the bike lust is in full force. I did complete May's Grizzly Peaks Century with its 9,000 feet of climbing over 109 miles. Exhibit A:


I'd also flirted with the idea of organized racing, and abruptly learned (by lasting just 10 painful minutes in my first race) that it's a whole other ballgame. Group rides and tours, even alley cat races, are one thing. Riding in a pack of 50-75 riders bent on spitting each other out the back is another. Whoa.


So, as it's said, if you can't be fast, you can at least look fast (or ironic). Two new jerseys that increase my power output:


...

Flick List


1408
The Lives of Others
300
Babel
The Departed
Pan's Labyrinth


...

Reads

Ten Points, Bill Strickland
The Stranger, Albert Camus

Comments